Welcome to Grocerybox!
This Shan dahi bara chaat seasoning is available in sixty gram packs that contains thirty servings of half tablespoon each. Also known as dahi bhalla or dahi vada, this dish of lentil dumplings in yogurt is popular throughout South Asia and is easy to prepare. A recipe is handily available on the Shan dahi bara chaat seasoning box. The yogurt is first squeezed in muslin cloth to rid it of excess moisture and prevent the vadas from becoming soggy. The Shan dahi bara chaat seasoning is meant to provide flavor to the final dish rather than cooking the vadas. While chaat masalas are all purpose spice mixes that may be used to add flavor to many dishes, the Shan dahi bara chaat seasoning is specifically made for dahi vada. Get the authentic taste of dahi vadas with the Shan dahi bara chaat seasoning mix.
Country Of Origin:
Product of Pakistan
Red Chilli, Paprika, Salt, Coriander, Black Pepper, Cinnamon, Bay Leaf, Cumin, Brown Cardamom, Clove, Mace, Long Black Pepper
60 Grams (2.1 OZ)
By advance V-Lock Technology spices keeps lock in air tight packing which gives natural taste and texture to spices.
Keep in Cool & Dry Place
Black or green lentil 1 cup
Plain flour ˝ cup
Salt ˝ tsp
Baking soda 1 tsp
Oil/ghee 3 cups for fry
Yogurt 2-1/2 cups
Icing sugar 1 tbsp
Shan dahi bara chaat masala as required
1. Soak lentil for 3-4 hours then grind.
2. Hang yogurt in a muslin cloth to squeeze water.
3. Mix plain flour, salt and baking soda in grinded lentil.
4. Then add a little water to make a thick batter. Rest for 15 minutes.
5. Heat oil/ghee in a wok and drop small portion of batter in oil with cooking spoon and fry until golden from both sides.
6. Take out from oil and allow cooling.
7. Then soak in water and after short time press gently to squeeze water and place in serving bowl.
8. Mix sugar in yogurt and pour it over bara.
9. Sprinkle chaat masala and serve.
Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product.